Family Owned & Operated
Hoesly’s Meats has been family owned and operated since it was established on May 1st, 1983 by Dennis and Toots Hoesly. The family business has followed in European tradition by continuing the fine craft of sausage making thru family generations.
From 1960-1984 until he died at age 61, Cloyance Hoesly, Dennis’ father worked at Strickler’s, a processing and slaughter business in New Glarus. Many from Wisconsin know of Strickler’s by his locally famous son, Palmer “Butch “ Strickler, who was a UW athlete and founder of UW’s “Butch’s Bologna Bash,” which ran from 1974-2002.
- Cloyance learned his trade from Alfred Wiess, a Swiss immigrant and Master Sausage Maker.
- Dennis worked with his father at Strickler’s and several other small processing plants in Wisconsin and started his own business, Hoesly‘s Meats, in 1983.
- The focus on customer service and demand for their high quality products and processing led to building a custom facility in the New Glarus Industrial Park in 1993.
- We have produced award winning sausages which include Old Fashioned Wieners, Braunschwiger (“Liverwurst”) and Jerky.
- Local favorites include Wieners (“Hoesly’s Hot Dogs”), Kalberwurst (Veal Sausage), Veal brats and “Farmer Bologna.”
- We offer locally raised animals with custom order meat processing, seasonal venison processing, and a fresh retail case.
- Dennis and Toots are now joined by their two children, Dusten and Devon. Dusten is a Master Meat Crafter after completing in the 1 st, 2 year course offered by UW-Madison in 2011.
- Hoesly’s has been a staple in New Glarus for nearly 3
In times when small town meat processors are closing their doors in record numbers, Hoesly’s Meats is proud to be continuing their success into the next generation.